Please join us in 2017 for the 56th Anniversary of the founding of the Dayton Cycling Club!
Chuck Smith will lead the Legends Ride, a 34-mile round trip fun ride to the Troy Frisch’s Big Boy (20 Troy Town Road) starting at 9:00 am Saturday, 6 May 2017.Here is the route starting at 9:00 am sharp:
- Start at Vandalia Recreation Center, 1111 Stonequarry Road in Vandalia. Follow Stonequarry Road west to Dog Leg.
- Right (north) on Dog Leg Road to National Road (US 40)
- Jog left (west) on National Road to pick up Dog Leg Road again. (In 2003, Vandalia Police directed traffic here)
- North on Dog Leg (on western perimeter of Dayton International Airport)
- Right turn on Old Springfield Street.
- Take Old Springfield Street along north edge of airport east to Peters Pike.
- Turn left (north) onto Peters Pike
- Follow Peters Pike north as it enters Miami County, and becomes Peters Road (Miami County 149)
- Entering Troy on Peters, turn left at Archer.
- Follow Archer west to Dorset.
- Turn right (north) onto Dorset.
- Follow Dorset north to McKaig Avenue (Miami County Road 133)
- Take left on McKaig.
- Follow McKaig west across I-75 to Stanfield, which goes through new residential section.
- Continue north on Stanfield until we see the Frisch’s Big Boy Restaurant on the right (just east of Stanfield).
- Cut through parking lots to right to Frisch’s Big Boy Restaurant.
Arrive about 10:30 am