Dayton Cycling Club Friends,
Please join us on Saturday, April 28 for the 57th Anniversary of the founding of the Dayton Cycling Club!
Chuck Smith will lead the Legends Ride, a 34-mile round trip fun ride to the Troy Frisch’s Big Boy (20 Troy Town Road) starting at 9:00 am Saturday, 28 April 2018. Many of you will remember how this ride began with birthday observances for DCC co-founder Clair Duckham, starting when he turned 90. We continued the ride through Clair’s 102nd birthday, showing what years of cycling can do for human longevity! Governor Bob Taft rode with us each year for several years.Here is the route starting at 9:00 am sharp:
- Start at Vandalia Recreation Center, 1111 Stonequarry Road in Vandalia. Follow Stonequarry Road west to Dog Leg.
- Right (north) on Dog Leg Road to National Road (US 40)
- Jog left (west) on National Road to pick up Dog Leg Road again.
- North on Dog Leg (on western perimeter of Dayton International Airport)
- Right turn on Old Springfield Street.
- Take Old Springfield Street along north edge of airport east to Peters Pike.
- Turn left (north) onto Peters Pike
- Follow Peters Pike north as it enters Miami County, and becomes Peters Road (Miami County 149)
- Entering Troy on Peters, turn left at Archer.
- Follow Archer west to Dorset.
- Turn right (north) onto Dorset.
- Follow Dorset north to McKaig Avenue (Miami County Road 133)
- Take left on McKaig.
- Follow McKaig west across I-75 to Stanfield, which goes through new residential section.
- Continue north on Stanfield until we see the Frisch’s Big Boy Restaurant on the right (just east of Stanfield).
- Cut through parking lots to right to Frisch’s Big Boy Restaurant.
Arrive about 10:30 am