For the 2017 season the USAF Blue Streak Time Trials (TTs) will be held at Wright-Patterson AFB on the 2nd Tuesday of each month (April-October). The Blue Streak Time Trials are American Bicycle Racing Association sanctioned events. Chuck Smith of the Dayton Cycling Club is Blue Streak Time Trial Director.
2017 Dates (ALL ARE ON TUESDAYS):
- April 11
- May 9
- June 13
- July 11
- August 8
- September 12
- October 10
Participants with or without Base Access must follow the instructions below. Blue Streak participants must complete the waiver found on the waiver link in the Blue Streak entry at http://www.speedy-feet.com/2017/0509/2017_BS-Waiver.pdf and submit a signed copy at the Blue Streak registration table before their first Blue Streak of each season. One waiver per season is adequate.
If you do not have access to Wright Patterson Air Force base, please go to http://www.speedy-feet.com/races.php and complete all links in the Blue Streak calendar entries at least 10 days before the time trial in which you want to participate. The name on the application must exactly match the name on that person's driver's license to ensure entry to Wright-Patterson AFB.
Those who preregister for Blue Streak will have their names added to lists held at the base gates. Base passes will no longer be emailed to Blue Streak participants.
Plan to arrive at Gate 12A at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (SR 444) by 5:00 pm the day of the event and register in the Tennis Club Parking lot by 5:30 pm. Donate in the canister on the Blue Streak registration table as race timers charge for each Blue Streak participant. Numbers will be distributed at sign-up. We will start the riders at 30-second intervals beginning at 6 pm to ride 10 miles around the flight line.Participants may be disqualified for:
- Drafting within 6 feet.
- Throwing water bottles.
- Riding outside the bike lanes on Skeel Ave.
- Harassing timing officials for times. Participants are expected to carry their own computers on their bikes.
- Returning to the finish line after crossing; this may confuse the timing officials.
Please do not return to the finish line after crossing.
For Speedy Feet Results click here
Directions to Time TrialAll Blue Streak Time Trial participants coming from Springfield, Columbus, and points north and northeast may find a new route as they reach the Fairborn Theater on South Broad Street (State Route 444) in Fairborn due to the closing of a portion of SR444.
- From Broad Street, motorists will turn left (east) onto Dayton Drive.
- Right (south) onto Central Avenue.
- Right (southwest) onto Kauffman Avenue.
- Right (northwest) onto Dayton-Yellow Springs Road.
- Then left (southwest) onto SR 444.
- Then turn right into Gate 12A to enter the base.
- Enter Gate 12-A (AFMC Headquarters on SR 444, where you see jet fighters and flag poles).
- Follow Chidlaw one block to Spruce.
- Turn left on Spruce.
- Follow Spruce as it bends to the right past NASIC building and golf course. Watch 25 mph speed limit.
- Turn right on Skeel Avenue (at golf driving range).
- Turn left into Tennis Club parking lot (first left after passing driving range).
- All Blue Streak participants must exit Gate 12A after Blue Streak as 12A is the only Area A gate still open after 6pm.